|Administrative||Return to Listings|
Our client is a global leader in integrated circuits looking to add an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to their team. This position is located in the Sheepshead Bay area of Brooklyn, NY.
This position is responsible for maintaining and implementing a multi-facility, company-wide Environmental Health and Safety Program in an ISO 9001 and 14001 work environment. This includes frequent interaction with all staff levels to ensure compliance with Federal, State & Local Laws. He/she will continually evaluate all engineering, manufacturing and production processes, facility structures, company procedures related to employee safety, personal protective equipment, hazardous materials and emergency responses.
- Designs, implements and maintains a company-wide hazardous materials program (including issues related to chemical storage , handling & disposal) with the mandated reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
- Administers the ISO 140001 program and conduct semi-annual mandated internal audits
- Addresses all issues related to chemical storage, handling and disposal.
- Evaluates all chemicals used within the company for purposes of recommending conservation actions and reducing toxicity levels where possible.
- Designs, implements and maintains Safety Training Programs and associated documentation for all employees.
- Makes recommendations to senior management for compliance with OSHA, EPA, DEC and the NYC DEP along with other federal, state & local agencies regulating health and safety in the workplace.
- Creates and maintains facility-specific master emergency response plans.
- Evaluates all company departments and processes to determine personal protective equipment requirements. Purchases and distributes the equipment and trains all associated employees.
- As the environmental representative, this person shall evaluate chemicals, exhaust ventilation and take industrial hygienic air sampling.
- Identifies violations in the workplace and in company documented procedures.
- Performs Hazard Assessments/PPE Assessments
- Ensures all facility inspections are conducted in accordance with company and regulatory procedures. Prepare compliance reports for the regulatory agencies .
- Conduct continuous employee training related to EH & S and EMS.
- Deliver presentations in the management review meetings
- Obtains quotes and negotiates best price/service with vendors that perform work on our premises
- Directly supervises an EH & S Safety Administrator
· BS or MS Degree in Environmental Health & Safety Science
· Minimum of 5 years related work experience in a manufacturing/production/engineering environment
· Fully understands the functions of the various regulatory agencies
· Understands all publications, code books, manuals and documents used in the regulatory process governing health and safety.
· Excellent verbal, written skills & presentation skills
· A person of high energy who is pro-active and seeks continual improvement
· Must be a local candidate residing in NYC, NJ or Long Island