|New York, NY||
|Accounting & Finance||Return to Listings|
Our Client is a professional services major CPA firm specializing in accounting, audit, advisory and tax services looking to hire one Advisory Senior – IT Risk & Controls to their NYC team.
The Advisory Senior participates in and/or supervises multiple client engagement teams and other related activities helping clients address compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk. We provide services such as enterprise risk management, internal audit and internal controls, regulatory compliance, marketing and advertising, and contract risk.
- Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in industries such as retail, consumer products, financial services, insurance, and health sciences
- Coordinate and perform audit procedures of a moderately complex nature
- Create work products such as audit analyses and engagement documentation
- Evaluate and test processes and related controls
- Prepare the audit approach relating to nature, timing and extent of procedures
- Assign and review work of staff auditors and assist in the preparation of the final report
- Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business
- Deliver high-quality client service by directing the daily progress of fieldwork and informing Managers of the engagement status
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
- Utilize technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance the delivery of services
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field and approximately 2 years of related work experience; OR a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience; MBA preferred
- 1+ years of related audit or applicable business experience
- 1+years of public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in internal audit, internal controls, risk management, compliance/SOX, IT audit, IT general and application risks/controls, and/or SAS 70 reporting
- CPA, CA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CMA, RICS APC, PMP or CCIM certification desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager
- Experience in applying data analytics into execution of work utilizing tools such as ACL, MS Sequel Server, etc.
- Strong project management, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and Lotus Notes