|Short Hills, NJ||
|Fashion||Return to Listings|
Our client is a luxury fashion accessories brand looking to hire an Assistant Store Manager to their team. This position is located in Short Hills, NJ.
This position assists Store Manager in directing all activities related to customer service, store sales support functions, store operations, merchandise flow, expense management, and shortage prevention. This person will assume Store Manager’s responsibilities when Store Manager is unable to fulfill their duties due to an absence or inability to perform job.
· Provides leadership and creates and maintains a positive work environment that results in motivation, retention and turnover reduction
· Assists and assures in the planning and assigning of sales team’s daily tasks
· Assists the Store Manager with scheduling, and has some involvement in hiring, terminating, developing staff, training, etc.
· Daily reconciliations, cash handling and assists with bank deposits
· Management of all office tasks including management of funds, receiving, inventory and may assist with payroll
· Assists in monitoring sales performance, through the analysis of sales reports
- Stays updated on new items and customer service guidelines and store policies
· Develops and maintains client books
- Assists in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and general store housekeeping.
- Assists in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock.
- Works closely with our Warehouse Boutique Distribution Center, Customer Service Manager, France and Store Manager regarding shipping & delivery information
- High School Diploma (or GED) OR Degree in Retail, Fashion Management or related field OR currently pursuing a degree.
- 5+ years’ high-end retail or boutique managerial related work experience
- Understand inventory, customer’s sales experience and merchandising
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register system
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-75 pounds
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Experience with researching and exploring new trends in the marketplace
- Ability to establish cross functional relationships in order to effectively grow and maintain business and financial expectations
- Fluent in French is a PLUS