Some measure success by the amount of money they make, their job title, or by the things they own. While the aforementioned items may provide a feeling of achievement, these are just “things” and the feeling you get from them can be fleeting.
Inc.com has pointed out some great questions to ask yourself in order to gauge your success throughout a given day. The website even states “Ask [these questions] at the end of each day and I absolutely guarantee that you’ll become more successful.”
There are ten questions listed on Inc.com, however, we have listed our top five picks.
1. Have I done something today that improved the world? You can volunteer your time or make some donations to a charity or a homeless person on the street. Think outside the box.
2. Have I conditioned my body to be more strong flexible and resilient? Your body is your temple. Treat it that way. Get moving by running and walking. Feed your body fruit and vegetables and take care of yourself.
3. Have I avoided unkind words and deeds? At times we may feel frustrated, mad or short tempered. Don’t give in to these feelings by taking it out on others. Take deep breaths and be kind.
4. Have I reviewed and honed my plans for the future? Whether you’re searching for a job, planning your day at work, or making plans with friends, honor your commitments and work hard to achieve them all.
*And our favorite…
5. Have I felt grateful for the incredible gift of being alive? Complaining about the things that plague us are easy. We tend to get lost in the bad things that happen to us. Take a moment to give thanks for all the beauty in the world and the love in your life. Doing this will increase your good mood and help you let go of all the bad surrounding you.
Even if you don’t believe this will lead to success, it doesn’t hurt to live a healthier life mentally and physically. This way, when you go in for your next job interview, you are positive, happy and ready for your next challenge!